NuFlow - Reline, Repair, Renew
Nu Flow Ireland is Prestigious Building Award Finalist
Forced Air Lining
Pipe Capacity Restoration
Critical Path Management
Finance and Budgeting
Spot Repair Kits
Drain Lining Equipment
Mini Cutters / Scorpion Cutters
Potable Lining Equipment
Compact Air Manifold
Air Purifying & Drying Unit
Partner Program Overview
News & Media
Nu Flow in the News
Research Documents & Reports
Copper Piping Problems
Corrosion of Metal Pipes
Lead in Water
Nu Flow America
Nu Flow Technologies
Certifications & Patents
Free SixxacMenu module license
Nu Line - Epoxy Coating
Forced Air Lining
PIPE CAPACITY RESTORATION
Print this page
Email this page
Nu Flow’s epoxy coating system is applicated regularly in pipe diameters of 1/2" to 12".
Epoxy coating restoration of plumbing, structural pipe, and mechanical systems is a non-invasive process that uses epoxy to coat the inside walls of pipes without destruction to interior or exterior surfaces of building structures, hardscape, or landscape. Epoxy coating is used not only as a long-term solution to prevent corrosion and leaks, but is commonly used as a preventative tool to preserve the life of existing piping systems.
Products & Equipment
Nu Flow manufactures our own epoxies and guarantees the highest possible quality control standards. Nu Flow’s potable water epoxy meets or exceeds all industry standards for safety and performance. The life expectancy of the epoxy is estimated to be 100 years and has withstood the test of time for more than 40 years in Japan, and almost 25 years in the United States. Nu Flow is master licensee of the U.S. Navy’s patented ‘702 epoxy and lining process, and operates under two Nu Flow drain lining patents and seventeen industry-related patents.
Potable Water Technology
Nu Flow is proud to offer potable water epoxy pipe lining technology to its licensees, business owners, governments and home owners. This simple but highly effective cured in place pipe restoration system completely coats the inside of your copper or galvanized pipe. The process prevents future leaks and protects your water from lead and other contaminates leached from your piping.
Metal piping systems begin to deteriorate from the moment they are put into service. Buildings built in the 1950s and early 1960s typically lasted 40 or more years with few incidents of leaks. Buildings built in the 1970s often achieved 20 to 30 years or more of leak-free service. Older pipe systems using stronger grades of copper regularly achieved these life spans even with particularly aggressive water. However, mandatory chemical additives to drinking water since the 1970s is causing pipe failure in above ground and below ground piping systems in as little as 5 to 10 years of service.
Chemical additives react in a hostile manner in metal pipes, and corrosion can also result from high oxygen or low pH in water. Higher water temperatures corrode piping more quickly while inferior plumbing techniques or poor piping design can cause erratic water flow patterns that accelerate spot corrosion and cause fractures and other problems. The corrosion and erosion of pipe walls result in pinhole leaks that, over time, will appear throughout the
entire piping system. Undetected, slow leaks over time can cause catastrophic water damage and mold growth.
1. Safe And Durable
- Nu Flow’s epoxy is UL certified safe to NSF/ANSI Standard 61. The epoxy was developed and patented by the U.S. Navy and has been successfully applicated by Nu Flow technicians since the mid-1980s for the U.S. government and in domestic, commercial, industrial, and other applications. Testing engineers estimate the life expectancy of the epoxy is roughly 100 years.
2. Cost Effective
- Pipe lining is as much as 50 percent less expensive than traditional pipe replacement costs such as repiping. Lining is a non-invasive process, so there is no destruction to buildings, hardscape or landscape. Reconstruction costs for repiping are as much as 60 percent of direct pipe repair costs and epoxy lining eliminates the need for reconstruction.
3. Minimal Downtime
- The epoxy lining process takes a fraction of the time of traditional repipe methods. For example, a repiping job that would normally take a full 6 to 8 weeks can take as little as two weekends (or 4 days) for Nu Flow to complete.
4. Minimal Disruption and No Occupant Displacement
- Nu Flow’s pipe restoration process is quick, quiet, non-invasive, and requires no displacement of a building’s occupants. When needed, temporary bypass water systems are quickly installed to provide uninterrupted water service so that occupants, businesses, and clientele may continue business as usual in an undisturbed environment.
5. Versatility in Applications
- Epoxy lining can be performed in any metal pipe in any building, structure, or environment, above or below ground. Lining has been installed by Nu Flow technicians in the piping systems for hotels, high-rise condominiums, hospitals, restaurants, airports, schools, museums, U.S. Navy ships and many other commercial and industrial companies. The solution is available for potable water pipes as well as hot water recirculation systems, fire sprinkler and fire suppression systems, chiller lines and HVAC systems.
Epoxy Lining as an Eco-Trend
Lining is an eco-friendly solution that creates no waste for landfills or for recycling and generates no carbon emissions during manufacturing. Lining prevents toxic heavy metals from leaching into drinking water and prevents leaks and breaks in pipe systems that contribute to water pollution and cause billions of dollars annually in water damage. Revolutionary, green technologies such as epoxy lining have replaced temporary, outdated pipe replacement methods as an eco-friendly trend that efficiently and economically controls pollution of our water sources and helps conserve valuable water supplies.
Copyright 2014 by Nu Flow. All Rights Reserved